Freelance Brand Producer
OMFGCO is an energetic, constantly-evolving, multidisciplinary studio, and we’re in need of an experienced Brand Producer with the ability to manage client projects with grace and humor. We’re seeking applicants who are resourceful, reliable, and have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. If you’re a self-starter who can jump right in, we should talk.
This role reports directly to the team Creative Director, and works collaboratively with CDs, ADs, Designers, other Producers, and Admin.
The Producer works closely with the operations team to ensure creative teams are poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on time and on budget, as well as champion quality and integrity of the work. Responsibilities:
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, vendors, team travel, and overall project organization to ensure project requirements and deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon.
- Actively monitor project risks and “scope creep” to foresee/identify potential problems.
- Create a collaborative environment and manage the personalities of clients, team members, and other collaborators.
- Help manage overall studio workflow by coordinating your team’s internal and external projects.
As the key liaison between the client and the creative team, the Producer plays a pivotal role in the success of client engagement, while also advocating for the best interest of both the client and creative team members. Consistently manage client expectations and feedback, ensuring delivery of the highest quality work. Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and maintain accurate records of meetings, decisions, action items, and financial performance of projects.
- Proactively devise solutions to problems and address them in advance.
The Producer is actively involved in supporting the new business and client intake processes. Responsibilities:
- Speak with incoming new business leads, manage follow-up communications, and develop proposals to reflect their needs.
- Draft clear scopes and creative briefs that keep the client and project team focused on the goals of the project.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Has a deep appreciation and understanding of the creative process.
- A people person who can be firm and empathetic; a diplomat within the studio and an ambassador outside of it.
- Shows resilience in difficult situations and navigates them proactively.
- Able to think and respond well on your feet, and maintain a high caliber of follow-up and follow-through.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
- Questions effectiveness and challenges the status quo (i.e. if the proposal process isn’t effective, redesign it).
- Works to improve every day, and allows others to make you better.
- Comfortable in client-facing situations, especially involving money.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methods; Mac proficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplifies our Core Values by: coming with a beginner’s mind and always beginning with the end in mind—Stay Outside. Allowing others to make you better. Laughing a lot, having fun, and creating with joy—Everything is an Opportunity. Showing respect to yourself and others—Water the Plants. Over-delivering whenever possible. Thinking it through, and making it matter—Best Idea Wins.
This is a freelance position on a project specific basis.
Must be authorized to work in the USA and willing to work on Pacific Time. Portland-based preferred.
Start date: to be determined