Redemption Roasters are on a mission to reduce reoffending rates through coffee.
We believe exceptional coffee can come from people and places you wouldn’t expect; At our roastery in HMP The Mount, we train offenders in coffee industry skills with the aim of reducing reoffending in the UK. Upon release, we help our graduates find work in our own coffee shops, or within our network.
As a social enterprise, we think differently to other speciality coffee companies; we strive for profit in order to achieve our purpose. Every member of the Redemption Roasters team has a role to play in achieving that purpose; to challenge perceptions and change lives through Speciality coffee.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our growing team.
This is a really exciting time to be joining the Redemption team. We have big growth plans and are looking for the right people to help us get there. This role will assist the Head of Marketing to deliver Redemption Roasters’ company mission. You will coordinate and implement marketing campaigns across all our channels (coffee shops, ecommerce, wholesale and education) and will require a broad and varied set of skills: digital and content marketing, retail marketing, influencer outreach, PR.
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to make things happen. No day is the same here and there is a lot to do. But for someone who likes to make a difference and see results, it’s very rewarding.
This is a full-time position based at Redemption Roasters’ London HQ.
- Someone who feels passionate about Redemption Roasters’ company mission and the value of social responsibility.
- Well organised and into the detail. You can manage multiple projects at one time and have the ability to plan your time so that nothing gets missed.
- A people person; you build relationships easily and work well with all different kinds of people.
- A story teller; Redemption has an incredible story to tell and this role will help us do that across all of our different channels.
- A creative thinker who comes up with solutions, not problems. As a small business we don’t sit around waiting for things to happen - we make them happen.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- You will be the day-to-day point of contact for the retail, wholesale, roastery and education teams, where needed working with the graphic designer to deliver their requirements.
- Manage printer relationships and take ownership of effectively delivering all print jobs on time and on budget.
- Day-to-day management of our social channels; planning and scheduling posts, copywriting, responding to comments and messages. Also seeking out ways to improve and grow our presence.
- Digital content and marketing; planning and building weekly emails and website content, day to day management of agencies and our affiliate program. Reporting on performance.
- Coffee shop marketing; support the cafe managers with their requirements and ensure all initiatives are clearly communicated and launched in a timely manner.
- Support the Head of Marketing with PR, events and influencer activity; managing and targeting outreach list, processing product orders for media and influencers, reporting on success.
- Assist in maintaining marketing budget and keep track of all expenses for marketing activities to ensure cost effectiveness.
The opportunity to work with Redemption is far more than a job, it’s a career and it has an incredible mission.
As the Redemption Roaster’s Marketing Coordinator, you’ll receive:
- The opportunity to impact people’s lives through our social mission of helping ex-offenders back into work and learning skills
- Competitive salary & benefits
- 28 days holiday per annum (including public holidays)
- Free coffee and tea at all our shops
- 50% staff discount on bags of coffee in our shops and online
- Free gym membership at Nuffield Health
- Departmental dinners twice per year
- Company-wide socials every two months
- 1x Christmas and 1x Summer party
- 3 professional development days allowance per year
- SCA training opportunities
- Discretionary bonuses
- Cycle to work scheme
Equality and diversity statement:
Redemption Roasters is an international and multicultural business with customers, suppliers, and employees from across the globe. Fostering diversity in the workplace is both right and good for business. Gender, belief, ethnicity, origins, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, age or history of incarceration doesn't matter. If you perform, you'll fit in, whoever you are. We welcome applications from people with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the speciality coffee industry.