Job Title: Deputy Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Marketing, Press & Communications
Responsible for: Design & Digital Officer
Job Purpose: To support and where appropriate deputise, for the Senior Manager – Marketing, Press & Communications (MPC) in developing and delivering a high-quality marketing provision that represents and sells the Torch Theatre Company Ltd (the Torch) as a first-class venue for drama, film, exhibitions, entertainment and the Arts in general. To work closely with colleagues and external stakeholders and partners
1. Support the Senior Manager - MPC in the implementation and delivery of the marketing strategy helping to maintain, grow and develop audiences.
2. Design and create show material including brochures, programmes, posters and leaflets for Torch Theatre Productions, Sunset Cinema and other productions when requested both for digital platforms and print media, whilst ensuring all material is within the Torch’s brand guidelines.
3. Create and edit engaging short videos for digital marketing campaigns.
4. Help to build and increase digital engagement in both English and Welsh on the Torch’s Digital platforms – currently Facebook (including targeted campaigns), Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Google including Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Utilisation also of Google Analytics, Adwords, Bing and Yell.
5. Design and build targeted e-shot campaigns to engage existing audience members through Mailchimp. Analyse the successes and potential areas of improvement through campaign reports liaising with the Senior Manager - MPC.
6. To write creative content in both English and Welsh for press releases while maintaining and updating the Torch’s press list. Work directly with external stakeholders including media agencies and photographers.
7. Ensure all information on the Torch’s website is fresh, up-to-date, accurate and in line with the theatre’s brand identity and marketing strategy. This includes taking the lead on writing web content and ensuring it is search engine optimised.
8. Assist the Senior Manager - MPC with the planning and co-ordination of marketing campaigns to maximise revenue income - helping to organize and co-ordinate various campaign elements including direct mail, advertising, print distribution, front of house displays, digital marketing elements and other marketing campaign administration.
9. Support the Senior Manager - MPC in maintaining, updating and increasing the Torch’s existing customer, media and distribution databases as well as keeping accurate data records for analysis carried out by the Marketing team.
10. Report to the Senior Manager - MPC with campaign data as requested through Ticketsolve. Help build audience profiles through segmented and historical data to use as a basis to target audiences through email campaigns.
11. Support the Senior Manager – MPC in the efficient administration of the Box Office ticketing system (Ticketsolve) assisting with problem reporting/troubleshooting with the Torch’s ticketing system supplier(s) and the setting up of events.
12. Maintain the Torch’s website and internet sales system assisting with problem reporting/troubleshooting and adding content via the website’s Content Management System and other digital platforms. Establish and provide web and digital development and training for other Torch staff.
13. Manage the Design & digital Officer to ensure they undertake their role to the best of abilities and in accordance with the Torch’s policies and procedures, managing performance, training and development.
14. To undertake continued professional development to ensure own professional and relevant marketing knowledge is kept up-to-date and applied to all relevant areas as well as the marketing knowledge of the team.
15. Attend marketing events and meetings, including Sunset Cinema, in agreement with the Senior Manager - MPC.
16. Cover for the Senior Manager – MPC in meetings, events and conferences as required.
17. Explore new ways and test methods in building new audiences including embracing new social media platforms and audience segmentation systems.
18. Oversee the Torch’s membership (Friends) scheme, keeping members up to date with Torch activity and look to engage new members.
19. Support the Torch’s marketing in other projects/areas including Café Torch, Gallery, community groups, workshops and behind the scenes.
20. Attend theatre shows and cinema screenings as required, both at the Torch and other venues.
21. To work with the Box Office team to ensure that a friendly, welcoming and consistently excellent standard of service is offered to all customers, undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks including, when required:
• Helping to resolve Box Office issues relating to ticket sales, customer enquires, ticket prices, show cancelations and any other digital enquires.
• Uploading new shows as required on both Ticketsolve and the website in liaison with the Artistic Programme Coordinator.
• Capture customer data in accordance GDPR, ensuring that all information is accurately recorded and kept up to date on the Box Office database.
• To keep Box Office up to date with new shows, change of shows and tactical/promotional campaigns.
This job description sets out the key outputs and outcomes. It does not specify all the activities and responsibilities to meet these outcomes.
The following responsibilities apply to all Torch Theatre staff:
• Participating actively in the life of the Torch
• Contributing actively to the Torch’s education work, being available for the purposes of workshops, talks and demonstrations and supporting those on work experience
• Complying with the Torch’s staff handbook including the Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies and GDPR/Data Protection requirements at all times
• Carrying out administrative work generated by the above activities
• Undertaking other duties as may be reasonably required
In order to support the work of the Torch all staff have to adapt and respond to the changing needs of the organisation. This has an impact on each and every role, therefore flexibility is key and the ability to respond to change, shift responsibilities and work collaboratively underlies the approach all staff need to take. This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required of this role. You will be required to carry out other duties when necessary therefore this job description is to be treated as a guide only
Person Specification – Deputy Marketing Manager
• Enthusiasm and passion for the arts with a strong background in arts marketing
• A clear understanding of marketing and sales principles with experience of delivering marketing and sales strategies
• Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with a ‘can do’ positive attitude
• Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office, Mac software Design packages e.g. InDesign, Adobe CC, Illustrator and Photoshop and CRM software
• A commitment to first class customer service
• Creative, imaginative and innovative thinker able to generate solutions and new opportunities
• Ability to write interesting and literate copy
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to work quickly and accurately and to remain calm whilst working under pressure
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• An arts marketing qualification
• Experience of managing staff
• Experience of managing a Budget
• The ability to speak, read and write Welsh including interesting and literate copy
• Knowledge of the Welsh theatre scene
• Knowledge of the Artifax Programming system and the Ticketsolve Box Office system
• This post will involve working some evenings and weekends