How&How are seeking a full-time Creative Director to lead our fast-growing studio in London. This is a global search for an exceptional person, dedicated to leading teams and producing outstanding work. The Creative Director position is our most iconic and senior creative position. For our clients and ourselves, the work we aim to deliver has impact, and speaks as much from the head as from the heart.
The primary job of our Creative Director is to lead and inspire our design teams, and to bring a strong, uncompromising creative point of view to the leadership of the business.
You will be compelling and utterly authoritative partners for clients, confidently guiding them through deep organisational change. You will be able to build and maintain c-suite and board-level client relationships. In addition to driving day-to-day projects, you will play a significant role in driving business development efforts.
The ideal candidate can come from any design background, but must be a highly strategic thinker and be 100% credible as a leader with a proven track record of creating impactful work for complex organisations.
Topline: an exceptional human with a kind heart and profound social skills, deep experience of design and branding, fastidious attention to detail and smart strategic thinking.
Salary: £100,000 + Bonus Options
What we’re after:
- At least 8 years experience in the industry, both as a hands-on designer and as a creative leader
- BA Degree in Design
- 100% credible in our core discipline of graphic design / motion graphics with strong knowledge of emerging technologies / software
- A restless thinker with the desire to challenge, surprise and stretch everyone around you, with a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world. We expect you to have a weekly subscription to The Economist ;)
- A creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world
- A dynamic personality well-suited to directing both large and small teams of designers, evaluating and bidding complex briefs and presenting work at a high level to clients both in person and via video / phone
- Have huge ambition, drive, energy, and optimism
- Have brilliant rigour, cut-through, and clarity of thought
- Be a great influencer and persuader, who thinks and acts like a leader inside and outside of How&How
- Have a generous and collaborative nature, giving others space and encouragement to grow
- Have the awareness to lead by example, and always be willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into the creation of the work when it's needed
- Have a mature and perceptive personality — able to read and understand complex situations and others motivations
- Never afraid to offer an opinion or ask others theirs. Have a strong point of view, but a healthy respect for the experience of others
- While you may not be expected to create original designs yourself, having deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Ps, Ai, Ae and Figma is highly desired in order to navigate our range of projects
- Additional experience is a big plus: Motion, Code, 3D, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Harnessing raw talent, curiosity and a strong creative instinct you’ll rally, motivate and inspire your design team to deliver work for our clients which is bold, conceptual and different
- Lead proposals, pitches and projects which are highly creative and conceptual in nature including oversight from inception to delivery
- Manage multiple large, complex projects and new business efforts simultaneously
- Partner with management, strategy and digital / creative producers on winning, planning and executing on projects that solve fundamental brand challenges for How&How clients
- Be responsible for setting How&How’s creative course together with the rest of the management team
- Oversee and take responsibility for the creative excellence of everything that goes out of the H&H London studio’s door
- Grow How&How’s reputation in the world — by speaking at big events and building an influential creative network
- Build great relationships internally with other seniors as well as the cross-disciplinary teams you are overseeing
- Have first-hand understanding of a range of pipelines in order to navigate our wide range of projects
- Have deep experience with the creation and maintenance of complex design systems and principles
What we offer:
- Salary of £100,000
- Quarterly Reviews with 2% Salary Bonus Opportunities (equivalent of a total of 8% of total Salary in Bonuses per annum)
- 9 Day Fortnight with every other Friday off
- 28 Day additional Holiday allocation (including Bank Holidays)
- £1,000/year Skills & Training Allowance
- £1,000/year Work Together Allowance (trips between London and Lisbon)
- MacBook Pro setup provided
- Hybrid 50 / 50 working setup
- Pro Bono Environmental Studio Projects
- Transparent Tiered Salary System
- Resident Second Home Membership with permanent desk in Lisbon / London / Hollywood with all the perks
- Second Home Membership access to cultural programme of talks and social events
- 2 Week Remote Working Opportunities (timezone dependent)
- We’re currently working towards B-Corp Status and hope to complete in late 2022 / early 2023
How&How are a talent-driven, creative company with offices in London and Lisbon. Since 2020, we’ve been building a nurturing home for the world’s best thinkers, most talented creatives and restlessly curious minds in a collaborative, ego-free culture that nurtures creative ambition and promotes confidence and growth.
One of the core principles of “leftright” thinking at How&How is equality. This applies to equality in our workforce too. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
We’re looking for the person—not the job description. If you’d like to be part of our family, we’d love to hear from you. You may be exactly what we’re looking for... we just don’t know it yet :)