WIRED has an opportunity for a digital art assistant, who will be focused for the most part on creating assets for wired.co.uk.
Applicants will need to be highly capable in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere – experience using other animation tools will be advantageous. They should also have a clear understanding of and enthusiasm for all things WIRED – and have plenty of ideas on where we should be heading.
This role requires a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and flexibility – the work will cover a wide variety of subjects, formats and departments, and our ideal candidate will be as happy editing a video as they are creating email newsletters.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Creation of bespoke imagery for wired.co.uk and its various channels – sourcing, reformatting, artworking and retouching
- Editing short- to medium-length films, subtitling, creating graphics and captions
- Production for film and photoshoots
- Creating social cuts and animations for social media (galleries, slideshows, motion graphics and animations using still imagery from print, etc)
- Creating digital assets such as banners and holding images
- Creation of assets and designs for WIRED Consulting and Events
- Reformatting and uploading magazine imagery for web CMC reuse
- General day-to-day design and artworking assistance for the Creative and Art directors
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience in design for online and print
- Adobe suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere
- Experience with using a CMS – particularly web-focused
- Proficient in animation software
- Highly organised, able to cope with challenging workloads
- Cheerful disposition
- Bursting with creativity, and possessing the skills to realise your ideas
- Familiarity with the WIRED website and brand