Are you looking for a chance to use and develop your skills and creativity, while working towards positive change in the world?
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team!
Glimpse was set up as a place for creative people to use their skills for good. From our inception as a collective of volunteers coming up with ideas in our spare time, we’ve grown into a fully fledged creative organisation. We exist to tell positive stories about the world we want to create, and we also work with the likes of Choose Love, Patagonia and Oxfam to do so. There’s so much doom, gloom and dystopia out there – how can we use creativity to show a glimpse of the better world we know is possible? What does that look like to you?
We’re looking for someone who wants to do meaningful work with positivity and compassion. Someone with exciting ideas who’s not too precious about sharing them, deconstructing them and building them back up again. Someone who can help us imagine a world where these issues can be overcome.
- You’ve been working professionally as a Graphic Designer for around 1-4 years.
- You believe in the power of design for good, making complex issues relatable and accessible to more people.
- You’ve got a strong sense of typography and layout in digital and print.
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can communicate ideas visually.
- You can talk through and articulate your work, and respond and adapt to feedback.
- You’re looking to develop and grow your skills in a creative and concept-led environment.
- You’re proficient in core Creative Cloud software: Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop; and familiar with digital design programs like Figma, XD, Sketch or similar.
- Some knowledge of After Effects and/or other motion software is a bonus, but an appetite to give it a go is just as good!
- You can work remotely from anywhere in the UK — our team is based all over the country, and we come together as a core team to hang out in person every couple of months or so.
- You have the right to work in the UK (unfortunately we’re unable to support work visa applications)
About the role
- You’ll be working closely with our team of producers, creatives and strategists, with direct support from our Design Director. You’ll get to collaborate with some of our friendly freelancers as well.
- You’ll work on a wide range of projects, from creating brand identities and campaigns with our partners, to bringing to life our own activations, events, projects and proposals.
- As a member of our core team you’ll also be involved in idea sessions, workshops and strategy processes.
- We’re a four-day-week company, using our Fridays for volunteering, personal projects, or just catching up with laundry!
- On top of 20 days paid holiday (plus bank hols), we offer paid journey days for low carbon holiday travel (see climateperks.com)
- Everyone at Glimpse has a budget for training and career development
- We’re part of the Bike to work scheme
- We also have an enhanced maternity and paternity policy