ABOUT THE ROLE:
Seniors are amongst the most experienced of the team, and are capable of developing work with minimal direction. They are quick to reach appropriate solutions, and capable of collaborating with others to see them through, whilst maintaining high standards. They have a full understanding of the creative process and can adapt their approach accordingly.
- Consistent at delivering design solutions from concept to execution.
- Fast and reliable, can work under pressure when needed.
- Understands brand principles, design systems and visual language and has the ability to define a ‘brand world’.
- Vocal and able to give opinions and recommendations on what they think is right.
- Takes direction and feedback well, re-working ideas or creating something entirely new.
- Has an understanding of the agency process and helps other departments during the journey of a project.
- Strong knowledge of the production process, and their role in it.
- Actively seeks problems to solve in our partners business, or proactively extends campaigns.
- Able to time manage multiple projects, and prioritise their own work flow.
- Presents ideas in a way that captivates, from deck to verbal presentation.
- Supports and mentors Junior Designers.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU AT YOUR LEVEL:
COMMUNICATION: Communicate with others in a clear and enthusiastic way so that people trust you. Be able to make compelling arguments in different ways. Remain open-minded, impartial and respect the opinions of others.
DECISIVENESS: Take responsibility for your own decisions. Act in the best interest of the agency, autonomously with minimal guidance from your boss. Give clarity to juniors on why decisions have been made, so you help develop them.
EMPATHY: Get the best out of people and demonstrate your own empathy to juniors. Give people space to make mistakes and guide them through it.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Don't accept the status quo, always push boundaries and look for new opportunities in the work and within the agency.
LEADERSHIP: Welcome and respond to challenges from others. Stand by, promote or defend your own and team’s actions and decisions where needed. Inspire and motivate teams to be fully into whatever they're doing.
RESILIENCE: Manage your own pressure even in very difficult situations, without impacting on others. Be patient in the achievement of long-term goals, overcoming obstacles on the way.
SELF AWARENESS: Be adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things to get even better.
SUPPORTIVENESS: Act as a role model for junior staff. Help create a supportive environment and give advice and help where necessary. If you have folks reporting into you, do all you can to make them stars.
- W+K welcomes applications from international candidates with the right experience. We have a generous relocation package to support any international moves.
- Annual salary £50k+ (d.o.e). Plus bonus + benefits.
- We operate a flexible working week, the expectation of our team is to work from the office 2-3 days a week.
ABOUT WIEDEN + KENNEDY:
Wieden+Kennedy is looking for people that relish freedom, diversity and growth. If that sounds like you, we would love for you to apply even if you don’t check every box of the qualifications.
Wieden+Kennedy believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organisation to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavours and to pursue individual career growth.
How to apply
Please apply on W+K's jobs board direcly using the link below.