We are the largest online video editing platform
Building creative tools are super impactful for so many people. From business owners to YouTubers, creators, artists, and more.
However, building an online video editor is not easy. This is not just another ecom store, Web App or Saas Project. It will be one of the hardest challenges of your career and a place to do the best work of your life.
This does not mean we compromise work-life balance. We are a modern company that puts people first. Our team is incredible, super talented, humble and we are 100% remote.
What will you be doing?
You will be primarily be working in ReactJS on the frontend, Node on the API side (and C++ for video rendering if you are up for a challenge), to help us deliver more video / account features to our customers. As a startup we are not extremely overbuilt and have a lot of greenfield space to explore and test new ideas and do research.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who gets thrilled by the idea of solving deep technical problems, takes pride in their own work and likes to get creative to build innovative things. We know that not everyone fits into boxes and we are all always learning, however here are a few things that we are looking for:
- Someone who is experienced in ReactJS and has a strong knowledge of JS fundamentals. Knowledge of C++ or video related code is a bonus
- We care about how we write our code. So we are looking for someone who is comfortable going through code reviews, knows or would like to learn about testing their code and make it more performant
- We don’t care about university degrees, but we would like to see you have a good bit of theoretical knowledge in areas you have worked in and are interested in
- Have good communication skills and be a team player who is happy to lend a hand if someone gets stuck
- Someone who can roll up their sleeves and jump on different things. Building a simple online video editor isn’t always so simple, so you might work on WebGL, API, DevOps or Architecture stuff. You don't need to know it all, but someone who is not scared of a challenge
- Be able to contribute to the culture of engineering excellence by writing better documentation, teaching more junior teammates or improving processes around engineering in general
- Experience working with video is a bonus