We’re on the hunt for an experienced HR professional to lead all HR processes across Animade. You’ll work closely with our energetic team of 33, including creatives, producers, account managers, marketing and studio management, using your top-notch strategic skills to create and sustain a high performance culture, high job satisfaction and positive employee engagement.
We’re looking for someone who gets things done, and is genuinely passionate about people. You’ll provide high quality and efficient HR advice and support to directors, senior management and managers in the team, leading projects that will improve talent attraction and retention, our brand, diversity, wellbeing and more.
Sound good? If you’re a brilliant people person with experience in this type of role, we’d love to hear from you.
You’re passionate about creating an engaging environment for people to thrive in, and are experienced in creating and implementing HR strategies that align with our company’s goals and vision. With the ability to identify and nurture key stakeholders, you’re a strong communicator and great at understanding people’s needs, aspirations and potential.
With a positive attitude, when faced with challenges, you’re always focused on delivering a solution. Ideally you have experience in a creative background, but if not, a willingness to be agile and understand what it’s like to work in the creative industry is just as good.
At Animade, we believe that everyone has a part to play in our journey to becoming more inclusive – as creatives, as a studio and as an industry. We've implemented lots of changes through recruitment practices, D&I training and our All Ears event to name a few. We're looking for someone who'll be keen to work with us in creating an environment that is welcoming, safe and equitable for all.
Effective communication and a keen eye for detail are a must, as well as excellent organisational skills – someone who is always thinking one step ahead, with a methodical approach.
Emotional intelligence is also really important; understanding how creatives think, learn and produce their best work, and tactfully applying HR practices to complement that. You’ll need to carry out all HR-related activities with diplomacy, fairness and sensitivity where needed.
We’re looking for someone who’s able to identify and report on key HR metrics that will demonstrate progress in HR and company goals and objectives, and report with influence and confidence – being able to convince managers, leads and directors of best HR practices based on experience, data and research.
Understanding what it means to be a successful line manager – so that you are able to coach and advise our managers – is also key, along with the ability to effectively delegate tasks where needed, to keep everything running smoothly!
This is a wide-ranging role with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Identifying new opportunities and challenges facing the company, and creating strategies for improving things like reward and benefits, employee engagement and training
- Analysing and presenting HR data, making recommendations based on experience, research and best practice that align with our strategy
- Providing guidance and support for managers where necessary
- Providing timely advice on all employment matters from employment law to best practice, and ways to improve the HR provision
- Managing and communicating our pay review process each year
- Leading our company D&I strategies
- Administration covering the employee life cycle from starters to leavers, including (but not limited to) sickness, annual leave, turnover and ensuring employee records are up to date
- Taking the lead on recruitment strategies, posting of roles, training hiring managers, arranging interviews, keeping candidates informed of the process, obtaining and delivering feedback to unsuccessful candidates and managing the offer process for successful candidates, including right-to-work through to on-boarding
- Advising us on any changes needed to policies and conducting regular reviews to ensure they are fit for purpose and relevant
- Being responsible for overseeing all GDPR policies and requirements, adhering to the 2018 legislation, managing and conducting internal audits, acting as the Data Protection Officer and actioning any subject data requests within allowed timescales.
Working at Animade offers the opportunity to make a tangible impact on a growing company within a great culture. Working with us, you can expect:
- Flexible working hours – we value a healthy work-life balance that accommodates people’s different needs
- Pension scheme
- Team away days and trips
- Enhanced family friendly and sickness policies
- Company EAP Programme
- Training and Wellbeing budgets
- Friendly, open and welcoming company culture and team spirit
Salary: £35000-45000 per annum
Reporting into: Jen Judd, Managing Director
Level: Midweight - Senior
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am — 5.30pm (flexible hours between 8am – 6.30pm)
Location: London, Old Street / Remote (due to current circumstances)
Application deadline: 9th July 2021 (will be extended if needed)
Start date: ASAP
As part of our Equality Policy, we at Animade are committed in our journey to eliminating discrimination, encouraging and valuing diversity amongst our workforce. We are committed to creating a truly inclusive culture to not only make Animade a better place to work but an environment where everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Therefore, we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.