Role: Digital Designer
Based In: Shoreditch Office (On-site only)
Working Pattern: Full Time, Monday to Friday + Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme (Fridays off from April until the end of August)
Our Housemates are innovators who see the world differently and strive to make a difference within it. Each one is chosen and cherished for the skills, talents and characteristics that make them unique. As House of Hackney evolves, we empower our team to learn and grow alongside us. And, as a compassionate brand, we care about the wellbeing of our Housemates. That is why we offer a more flexible approach to working and operate a four-day week for 5 months over the summer period.
As well as caring for our colleagues, we also care deeply about our eternal muse - Mother Nature. House of Hackney is proud to be certified as a B Corp™: a business that meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. Step into our House and you’ll be in a land of print and colour, away from the sea of grey suits. From our Shoreditch Showroom based in the creative heart of the capital, to our enchanting New York Gallery, our House is a place where imagination and collaboration can flourish – where everyone is accepted, all ideas are encouraged, and magic really does happen. There may be no place like home…but in our House, there’s no place like work.
The Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for the ideation and execution of visual brand communications across all digital platforms. Bringing a can-do attitude, they will champion content creation and drive our digital and social-first marketing strategy, as set out by Directors and the Head of Ecommerce. Taking feedback on-board, they will input design expertise and come up with innovative solutions to drive the vision forwards, with the ability to work responsively in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Working from concept through to delivery across all digital and social channels, including weekly homepage updates, email newsletter designs, social media output and online content
- Supporting the Senior Graphic Designer with the design and project management of all visual assets required for seasonal launches in-line with the company calendar.
- Supporting the design of new website developments, proactively identifying new opportunities in the market and digital design trends to improve the site and executing updates in response to high-level briefs.
- Producing original, user-focused UX/UI concepts and solutions that are multifaceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience to make the customer journey as effortless, seamless and shoppable as possible, while maintaining the house style and brand objectives.
- Playing an active role in the development of project workflow, from scoping user journeys, through to wireframing and delivering final designs to developers and the Ecommerce team
- Understanding and applying best practice UI/UX principles to projects; designing responsive wireframes, prototypes and documentation as required
- Working closely with the Senior Graphic Designer to storyboard, film and edit video content in-house, advising on best practice with regards to technical execution and file formats
- Support Post-production management of all photography for both campaign and product photoshoots – marking up retouch comments, checking colours are accurate, renaming and filing correctly on the server and resizing for use across all channels of the business.
- Assisting in managing the User-Generated Content strategy – ensuring our customer images are requested, filed and permissions logged correctly and identifying where they can best be utilised to help drive conversion.
- Keeping abreast of new trends in design and conducting regular competitor research, presenting learnings and opportunities to the wider team.
- Ensuring the company filing system is organised, logical and adhered to at all times
THE CANDIDATE - IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE*:
- Proven experience in digital design with the ability to execute ideas from concept to delivery
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Expertise in Magento & Zmags programming and high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, XD)
- Video and animation skills.
- Knowledge and structural understanding of HTML and CSS processes is beneficial.
- A deep understanding and demonstrable experience of creating mobile-first and responsive design.
- A portfolio/showreel that demonstrates both excellence in aesthetics and technical skills with a keen understanding of typography, colour and layout.
- Detail-orientated with a keen interest in the House of Hackney brand and culture.
- An understanding of best design practice and how analytics and user-testing play a key part in the design process.
- Extremely organised with the ability to multitask and effectively time manage with a willingness to go the extra mile to accommodate last-minute requests.
- Ability to create designs with an emotional resonance for the end-user.
- A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as business needs – someone who won’t be demotivated if things don’t always go to plan!
- Proactive with an ability to show initiative and work independently to plan and meet tight deadlines.
- A positive and collaborative mindset with the confidence to share and listen to ideas.
- A passion for learning and an eagerness to stay ahead of the game in terms of software developments and industry trends.
- A strong understanding of retail and ecommerce and how to effectively drive traffic through the different stages of the customer journey
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
As always, there are some perks:
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme
- 22 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays + half-day for your birthday
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items.
House of Hackney is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender affirmation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship or remote working.