At Vidsy we’re building the platform and ecosystem for creators and brands to work and win together! Our creative platform helps the world’s biggest brands create effective video ads while also providing the opportunities and tools for creators to build their own business and thrive working with these brands! We’re building a different way to create; democratising creativity, empowering brands and creators to build value for each other.
It’s exciting times at Vidsy, starting from a London coffee shop to being named as one of Wired’s Hottest Start-Ups, Deloitte's Tech Fast 50 and one of Campaign's 2021 Best Places To Work, and we're continuing to scale across Europe (London) and the US (NYC & LA) too. We’re growing fast and backed by global creative partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google, Twitter and TikTok. Join us and help build a new creative ecosystem where everyone wins!
Vidsy helps brands thrive on digital by giving them a new way to create. In order to excel and continue to innovate in creativity and content we are looking for a Motion Design Director to guide our motion design team in the UK, helping to take the business from strength to strength. We’re searching for a person who has experience overseeing video production and is excited to be defining the creative opportunity in new video formats and production processes for the industry to follow.
You must have great people skills, strong attention to detail, natural storytelling ability, understand what makes the world tick across social media and the skills to empower the motion design team to embody these traits in the work they create. You will be a key part of the creative team managing a number of motion designers in the UK and working with stakeholders across the UK + US to not only create amazing content but define the future of production across the globe.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working to ensure the utmost creative quality across any video project we work on.
- Managing the UK motion design team in their success and progression whilst empowering them to work to the best of their ability and hone their eye for detail.
- Pushing the boundaries of motion design workflows and processes striving to create the best (and allowing others to do the same).
- Facilitating the agenda for the weekly motion design team meet and training sessions to push the team forward.
- Representing the motion design team and working as a positive influence within the wider Vidsy team (across the US and UK) and our creator community to make decisions that help move the business towards its goals.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in After Effects, social and digital best practices.
- Assisting the operations team on any questions regarding time management, process and workflow.
- Proven Management and Mentoring experience - Ability to manage a large team whilst also continuing to grow and scale. We’re on the hunt for someone who is hungry for expansion and excited at the prospect!
- Setting an Example - Having had experience across the tools you will showcase to the team an understanding of AE, design, and production workflows.
- Eye For Design - Ensuring that every project not only meets but exceeds the best practices for design, animation and motion.
- Excellent Communicator - You will be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders and be able to clearly articulate marketing narratives both verbally and in writing. You will also have great listening skills to pull out key information from stakeholders and the motion design team identifying skill and knowledge gaps and working on the next steps to improve them.
- Logical - Strong understanding of video and design processes to ensure the most efficient production across all projects both internally and with creators.
- Agile & Collaborative - Willing to work with multiple stakeholders across teams to find the ultimate solution and understand that we constantly need to reassess and remain adaptable as we grow.
- Creatively Curious - A keen interest and excited by all of the changes occurring within the creative and advertising industry. Curious about storytelling techniques and exploring new mediums of storytelling.
- Independent & Organised Mindset - Manage multiple projects across different stakeholders, ability to meet deadlines and execute on tasks in a fast paced environment. Ability to work in small teams as well as work independently and across different time zones .
Our 'Virtual-First' Approach
As a business Vidsy believes in the power of in-person connection and collaboration, but also recognises that the majority of work undertaken by our team can be done so effectively and efficiently in a remote environment. For that reason we're spearheading a 'virtual first' environment, meaning our Team will work remotely the majority of the time - with the right kit and setup to ensure they can do so productively - with 'hubs' for in-person collaboration and team gatherings.
For our UK based Team our hub will be London, meaning we welcome applications from across the UK as long as you're open to travel into London, as and when needed.
Diversity at Vidsy
Vidsy is working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make a better workplace, and ultimately better products.
Vidsy doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.