Apartamento is seeking a full-time web developer to join our Barcelona office to work primarily on Apartamento magazine website, as well as selected external projects.
The ideal candidate has very good experience in WordPress with design sensibility to build a pixel-perfect and performance-optimised experiences.
You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and WordPress plugins. A strong understanding of e-commerce, UX and content management systems is required.
The daily tasks would include mantaining code, create/update newsletter templates, and optimise website performance (page loading times, refactor code, etc.) among other tasks together with our design and content team
- Develop modern high-converting designs that utilise all the best marketing techniques.
- Program the front-end layer of our sites in HTML5 and CSS3, SASS taking into account standards, compatibility between browsers and mobile devices.
- Work with all aspects of the WordPress Codex.
- Design and develop the front-end layer of our own tools.
- Test across multiple browsers and devices to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Develop code with SEO best practices and design patterns.
- Use tools like Google Analytics and HubSpot to make informed decisions on user interactions and improvements to increase website traffic and engagement.
- Have an eye for design and pixel-perfection.
- Extensive experience working with the Wordpress code base (functions, hooks, loops, CPT).
- Used to working with the best known plugins (AMP, Yoast, WPML, ACF, Gutenberg).
- Understand SEO and digital marketing best practices.
- Strong organisation and communication skills, the ability to work closely with other members of a small team while also being able to work independently and make proactive decisions
- Understanding of Apartamento’s voice and desire to keep developing it across different platforms.
- Fluent English speaker, and a second language is strongly preferred.
Last but not least, a highly desired plus:
- Practical knowledge of Google tag manager.
- Good understanding of SEO and SEM.
- React/Vue or any other frameworks that implements headless or decoupled websites.
- Able to handle a project on Shopify (Liquid).