At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Head of Business Marketing to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will help Hearst ride the trends and counter the confusion in a complex and dynamic media landscape, positioning the brand as the premiere solution across digital, print, licensing and experiential.
With a focus on positive client experiences and future client acquisition, you will lead the Business Marketing team to develop a clear and compelling proposition and brand story to drive awareness of Hearst, helping the markets understand the breadth of our solutions, with the intent to positively influence revenue.
You will set and oversee the implementation of the strategy for business marketing for Hearst UK and Hearst Global Solutions.
The role will manage the business marketing team and ensure best practice across all marketing activities, driving marketing excellence through a strong understanding of unique market needs. This could include, but is not limited to, collateral and proposition development, digital marketing, website creation, paid campaigns, sponsorships and events etc.
The position requires excellent team management, good media market experience, strong organisational skills, a key can- do attitude and the ability to collaborate with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Create, optimise and oversee the implementation of marketing strategy for Hearst UK and Global Solutions
• Execute marketing campaigns in appropriate markets based on need and opportunity
• Determine needs and opportunities across the business, and resource the marketing department appropriately
• Ensure consistency and standards across all marketing activity
• Manage and maintain the Hearst brand and all the collateral, tone of voice and imagery associated with this from brand guidelines, templates, presentation decks.
• Build and maintain appropriate digital presence for Hearst UK and HGS
• Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs
• Manage b2b events and roadshows
• Manage commercial awards submissions
• Manage CRM including client information, mailings, comms, gifts, etc.
• Ensure there are updated, meaningful and relevant sales propositions to fuel sales conversations
• Identify and advise on key PR opportunities, working with PR/Comms to implement
• Manage Showpad, our internal collateral platform
• Create and maintain a library of relevant case studies
• Liaise with key industry organisations when appropriate
• Manage the internal sales team newsletter, Hearst Solutions Update
• Market any Hearst initiatives ie new research pieces, thought leadership pieces, ABC/AMP/COMSCORE releases, product launches, sponsorship opportunities, etc.
• Work with freelancers, agencies, platform providers.
• Manage the annual budget
• Proven experience operating in the advertising media industry either at a media brand (owner), a media agency, a third party or an advertiser.
• Experience and a view on b2b marketing in the sector and a proven track record of making a difference.
• Able to work at speed, make decisions quickly and manage a number of projects at once.
• Great team player, not just in managing the team, but also working with a host of different internal stakeholders including the CEO. Good collaboration and team work is a vital ingredient for this role
• Good marketing knowhow to understand what triggers to pull to have the most influence in the market.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
• 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
• Hybrid Working (2 days a week in the office)
• Discounted gym membership
• Healthcare cash plan
• Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
• Life assurance and pension scheme
• Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.