Our approach to marketing has a few defining characteristics – an obsession with our customers, belief in the power of creativity, an investment mindset, a ‘full funnel’ philosophy, and a belief in evidence-based decisions.
We reach our audience through various means to grow ASOS as a definitive fashion destination for 20-somethings around the world.
As a key part of our end-to-end customer experience management, ASOS marketing covers a breadth of tactics, stretching across loyalty marketing, culturally relevant brand content, pay-for-performance marketing, local trade marketing, broad reach advertising, and influencer marketing to name a few. We utilise several measurement practices, but primarily rely on continual controlled experiments as our primary ‘source of truth’ in measuring marketing investment return.
Our teams and activities align and integrate cross-functionally with shared objectives to manage autonomous teams. And of course, we strive to continually evolve pushing outside industry convention through creative experimentation, marketing tech, and advanced data applications.
The Global Marketing Manager role will be critical for the future growth of the ASOS business. This role will also have a fundamental part to play to strategically grow the US market. Marketing at ASOS is led by the company’s Chief Growth Officer and is divided into 4 primary functions: Media Lab, Customer Growth Team, Creative Lab and ASOS Media Group. The Global Marketing Manager will report to the Global Marketing Lead who forms the leadership team under the Customer Growth Director as part of Customer Growth team. Creative Lab is headed-up by the Executive Creative Director and also includes IP & Marketing Ops, Creatives, Social, Editorial & Influencer Content. Across the wider ASOS Marketing Team, the Marketing Manager will be working with;
- Members of the Media Lab team responsible for maximising return on marketing investment and fulfilling objectives of marketing, commercial and regional trade teams.
- Members of the Customer Growth Team responsible for trade and marketing activation, regional customer efforts and proposition management.
- Members of the ASOS Media Group team responsible for media sales and partnership marketing activity; the Brand Manager will particularly support programmes with strategic suppliers.
You will …
- Immerse yourself and deliver on the overall marketing strategy and live by the set creative brand strategy
- Work with the planning team to maintain the marketing activity plan globally with a focus on the US
- Develop and execute effective holistic marketing campaigns and activity across different markets globally
- You will delivery on key KPIs to grow and retention customers
- Work with key stakeholders to adjust campaigns to market specific where relevant
- Write briefs and work collaboratively with the wider marketing teams including Media lab, Strategic Brand Management, Customer marketing and Creative Lab to leverage expertise in order to create and execute world class marketing campaigns and activity
- Own the end to end launch of campaigns or activity
- Report on performance post campaign or activity
- Maintain a strong relationship with key stakeholders
- Work extremely collaboratively with Customer marketing, Planning, Media, PR & Paid channels
- Improve and develop new processes to create efficiencies and new ways of working
- Be the individual who aligns and brings stakeholders together
We’d love to meet, someone with…
- Proven track record of managing and working with a group of diverse stakeholders of different levels both internally and externally
- Strong commination skills and collaborative personality
- Extremely proactive, solution oriented and thinks outside of the existing structure/process to make things happen
- Embraces and champions the benefits of change within the wider team
- Has a proven track record working in the Beauty sector
- Awareness of current Beauty trends, tech and innovation
What's in it for you?
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programmes
- Amazing offices and great culture
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.