Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn and London. Building digital products, brands and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities. We define, design and develop all things digital.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralised platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of your identity, experiences and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas - no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours’ scheme.
Blending the promise of technology innovation with the power of human imagination.
We are now looking for Brand Designers to join our team in London or Oslo.
As a brand and communications team, it’s our aim to explore and implement new modes of interaction that evoke meaningful and inclusive connections between human beings and their technological surroundings. Combining strategy, storytelling and technology, we aim to create bespoke and resilient digital scenarios that help brands to transmit their identity, ideas and stories in the right tone of voice on all relevant platforms.
As a brand designer on the team, you will play a key role in all phases of our creative projects—from ideation through to production. Based on tested and strategic insights, you will define, design and build bespoke visual narratives, crafting all elements needed to create a consistent and delightful brand experience. Throughout the process, you will work closely with our writers, strategists, art directors, motion designers, product and UX design teams, development teams, and external collaborators, including photographers, illustrators, CG artists and sound designers.
Driven by a keen interest in contemporary visual culture, tech-driven identities and concept-led design, you are continuously seeking new ways to create brand experiences that feel fresh and inclusive. You love working closely with other designers and developers, and are able to work at a fast pace without sacrificing attention to both essential details and the broader context. As we’re a small team, we’re looking for someone who feels comfortable discussing work openly and frequently with a wide range of people.
We are looking to fill two positions.
- 2+ years of creative/branding studio experience
- Keen understanding of screen-based brand expressions
- Exceptional typography and layout skills
- Interest in developing tech-driven visual approaches with both designers and engineers
- Experience working independently in a transdisciplinary team
- Ability to articulate and present brand work to internal teams and clients in a confident and coherent manner
Bonus if you have an interest in and/or experience with one(or more) of these fields:
- Generative design and creative coding
- Motion design
- Art direction
- Custom font creation
- Branding for AR, VR and sound
- Workshop facilitation
What you can look forward to:
- Doing things together - When not in the midst of a global pandemic we like to get together as often as we can across offices. Yearly trips, meetups, parties and dinners, or working on interesting projects together.
- Power your own ideas - Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need - We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross office collaboration. As long as you have the possibility to come in to the office a few times a week (for workshops, social gatherings, etc.), you're welcome to design a hybrid setup that works for you.
- Parental leave and baby bonus - We got the moms and dads in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, that includes a £2000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy - We provide an extensive support package that includes a solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment and a lot more.
- Learning Budget - You'll get an annual allowance of £1500 to use on courses, classes, or conferences - whatever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
How to apply
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks and work philosophy, check out our Company Handbook.
Deadline: Please apply by 15th January 2022
Important: All applications must be mandatorily submitted with a portfolio (website link or attachment) via the application link to be considered. Applications missing portfolios or submitted via email/other channels will not be responded to.
Reach out to Anita Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any questions.