We are looking for a talented and versatile Senior Copywriter AND a Senior Art Director to join our team as we continue to grow - and we are encouraging both pairs and individuals to apply. You will work as a team but also solo, and in combination with creative talent from our Design & Motion teams.
Working alongside our strategy and content teams, you will be responsible for driving our conceptual and craft output forward, elevating our creative work to new and exciting levels across all of our key accounts as well as our agency brand.
You will benefit from both thoughtful mentorship from our Creative Partner and a high degree of autonomy, as you take your careers and our creative department to the next level. This is a hands-on role focussing on concept generation and seeing those ideas through to fruition via shoots and creative collaborations. You will also be expected to mentor junior creatives and collaborate with talented freelancers of all levels of seniority.
You’ll be given a wide variety of creative challenges spanning multiple industries, 360 media touchpoints and both B2C and B2B. Nonsense's key clients are AXA, Sky, Adobe, Cancer Research UK and Trimble and we are looking for a team capable of flexing across such varied brands and audiences (as well as pitch opportunities that will inevitably arise).
Our vision is to be the go-to agency for brands that want to build credibility. We need a creative team who bring that ethos into all their thinking, producing stunning ideas that are strategically on-point, inherently authentic and delivered with visual and tonal panache.
If what you are looking for is to be the best creatives you can be and accelerate through the gears of responsibility to become key people in an exciting agency that helps clients walk the walk; call us. (If you’re after a trip to Cannes and your name being one of 17 on the awards rap sheet; we’re not your agency.)
- Generate brilliant creative ideas that solve a wide variety of different briefs - from creative platform ideas to executional thinking - working with our Creative Partner.
- Collaborate with our strategy team to ensure ideas deliver on our strategies and tactics.
- Guide your ideas (and those of others) to executional excellence by collaborating with our design and motion teams & talent - ensuring the work always meets Nonsense’s exceptional standards.
- Craft and deliver compelling presentations to sell your ideas internally and direct to clients. Always push for what’s best for the client.
- Constantly bring inspiration, trends and innovation knowledge to the department and agency and bring it into your thinking on live briefs.
- Ensure ideas and executions deliver on Nonsense’s mission to build credibility and also get the very best out of clients’ existing brand identities.
- To live and breathe our agency ethos and values every day.
Skills & Experience
- You’ll have a proven ability to manage your own time across multiple projects simultaneously. You will know how to use your time to add the most value to the agency’s output. You can demonstrate the ability to act decisively and solve problems autonomously.
- You'll need to be strategically capable. Able to interpret strategic direction and understand what level of concept (brand idea, creative platform, campaign, execution) required. You must be equally comfortable interpreting brand strategy, comms plans and tactical direction.
- You'll need to be comfortable ideating and executing in all media, ideating fully integrated campaigns one week and podcast series the next. (Nonsense's heartland is in rich ideas that manifest as advertising and/or content and/or experiences.)
- You'll have the ability to pitch and protect your ideas in front of internal teams and clients, knowing when to compromise and when to push.
- Between you, you will have excellent, well-rounded copywriting and art direction skills. (We don't care who does what - as long as you can deliver short-form and long-form, static and motion, ads and engagement... etc.)
- You'll have excellent collaboration skills. You value input from others on your ideas and are capable of getting the very best work from our internal teams and our awesome black book of creators.
- You’ll be able to cite examples of where you’ve built valuable relationships with colleagues and clients. The kind of relationships that help the agency build our accounts.
- You will have mentorship skills that allow you to up-skill Junior Creatives and oversee their output on projects, ensuring their work gets to the same standards you are capable of yourselves.
- You'll be super proficient in using in GSuite, Slack and the Adobe apps.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Nonsense are committed to creating a diverse environment, and an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Shoreditch office open all week with team days on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave (plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year)
- Half-day Friday policy - you are trusted to manage your time to make this possible and be available for pressing client matters
- Goal to move to a 4-day week in 2023
- Up to 4 weeks per year working remotely from anywhere in the world
- Up to 3 months unpaid sabbatical after 4 years tenure
- Company MacBook
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free day off on your birthday
- Team referral scheme
Please share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please share your CV to email@example.com