We’re on a mission to make insurance more instant, affordable and inclusive by building the most tech-focused insurance company of our generation 🚀
We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers 🙌
We are currently valued at over $300m, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, and have raised $35m to date 💸 We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for in 2021, check out the article here. We are a team of 95 and counting, have a 4.5* Trustpilot score, and are championed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify 😍
For the inside scoop on our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like, have a read of our culture handbook 💕
Marketing at Marshmallow 🌟
If you're someone who wants a chance to have real influence within a brand new marketing team, this is the role for you.
We're currently building out our Marketing team and, as one of the first hires, you'll be instrumental in crafting how we communicate our mission, vision, and values through our marketing channels. We want to be the first insurance company that speaks like a human, with no jargon in sight, and you’ll help us make that happen.
At Marshmallow, you have a fresh brand to play with. There's always appetite for new ideas and new ways of doing things, and taking risks is actively encouraged. We also have an awesome culture of collaboration, and you'll communicate across a lot of different teams to figure out what kind of content we need, and where.
So if you're ready to jump in at the deep end, keep reading!
Role Description 📖
As our resident Content Marketer, you'll help us to build our brand awareness, from both a customer and employer perspective! We want more people to find out about us, what we do, and what we stand for. You'll build trust with new and existing customers (and even prospective employees) by creating the content they want to see 👀
What you will do in your first 12 months at Marshmallow 🤔
- Guide the development of a content marketing programme. This will include partnering with experts to create a content calendar and editorial plan for materials like blog posts, long form guides, social media posts and more 📅
- Using your platform knowledge and creative skills to create boundary-pushing, attention-grabbing content using the latest affordances on each channel 👩🎨
- Ensuring the standards of Marshmallow's tone of voice are kept, guiding other people within the company to keep it consistent 🗣
- Contributing to and suggesting long-term strategic content projects ⚡️
Who you are 🙋
- A writer - you love writing and enjoy the challenge of distilling technical concepts into clear and engaging written materials
- A collaborative story teller - you can partner with domain experts gather insights about our capabilities, the industry, and competitive trends, and distill them into compelling content
- Organised - you are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track
- A self-starter who likes to take ownership over their work
- Last but not at all least, a believer of our values: you move fast, are selfless, take ownership and are open and honest
Experience that is essential 🎓
- 2+ years experience writing creative and engaging content for digital marketing campaigns, ideally with some experience writing for tech companies. You might currently be in a graduate role, looking to take the next step. Or you might be ready to build on your experience and take more ownership of your work
- Outstanding writing and editing skills (obviously 😅)
- Good knowledge of SEO strategy and content development best practices
- Familiarity with social media strategy and best practices
- Start-up experience is a big plus
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (including bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Learning and training 📚
- Budget to help you set up working from home 🕑
Our process consists of:
- An interview with a member of our People team focused on your experiences and preferred ways of working,
- An hour-long technical interview with our Content Designer, Gwen, during which you'll give a short presentation,
- A final culture conversation with one of our co-CEOs.
We are able to let you know if you are invited to an interview or not. However, we do receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application.
We are currently working remotely but post-pandemic we will be taking a hybrid approach to work, with the number of days in the office based on what you need to succeed in your role. We are not open to permanent remote hires.
How to apply
Apply via the link below: