About the job
We’re looking for a talented developer with an appreciation for design and a drive to implement pixel perfect work in react typescript.
You should have experience with animation libraries such as react-spring or framer-motion to help bring your UI to life and worked with next.js, storybook, remix or similar solutions.
We are looking for a portfolio that demonstrates commercial work relevant to Companion Studio and ideally has been produced in an agency or design studio setting.
- Working on new projects using react and typescript.
- Helping maintain existing client projects.
- Working closely with our design team and producer to technically scope front-end builds.
- Showcasing work in progress builds to clients to keep them informed and up to date on the status of projects.
- Exploring problem spaces before jumping to solutions in project discovery phases.
- Mentoring other developers on best practices, design considerations and quality. We see mentoring as omnidirectional within the team not hierarchal.
- Bringing UI to life by both implementing pre-designed animations but also adding your own flare.
These responsibilities are an outline of what we expect you’ll be doing. Along side this we try to nurture interests with a generous learning budget and downtime projects.
These aren’t necessarily something you should have, but if you do have these skills or are interested in pursuing them, then let us know!
- Experience building design systems and reusable and extendable components.
- Previously built nodeJS endpoints either as serverless functions or part of a framework.
- Experience working consuming APIs such as the headless CMS Sanity.
- Interest in creative coding methods e.g. THREE.JS, WebGL etc.
- Step 1 - An informal conversation to get to know each other – hear about your interests, your technical skills and for you to ask us questions!
- Step 2 - A small, paid, take-home coding challenge where you can show us the great work you can do highlighting your skills.
- Step 3 - A final conversation during which we can talk about your challenge from a technical aspect and tackle any remaining questions on both sides.
Salary & Details
The pay scale for this position is £30,000 - £45,000 per annum and it will be determined based on an individuals experience.
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Access to Spill (an all-in-one mental health support for employees, spill.chat) 🗣
- Monthly Headspace subscription for your brain 💆
- Flexi hours so you can accommodate with your personal life events when needed (11-3 core hours and we work 40 hours per week) 🤸
- Up to 5 days per year whereby you can teach or volunteer and receive full pay 👨🏫
- Work from home up to 3 days a week 🏡
- Work abroad for up to 30 days a year (within -/+ 3h timezone) ☀️
- A learning budget of £500 per year for professional development, for things such as books, courses, conferences 📚
- 33 days of holiday including bank holidays (+1 for every year you’re with us) and paid shutdown at Christmas 🎄
- Dog friendly office 🐕
- All of the equipment & technology you need (or want) to work best day to day 👨💻
- Annual charitable contribution of £250 to a charity of your choice (as part of our commitment to donate 5% of our total revenue)
What should I expect if I submit my work?
All submissions will be looked at and reviewed. If there is an opportunity in the immediate future that we think matches, we will be in touch. If not, we will keep the submission on file until an opportunity does become available that we feel is right.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback to candidates, but you may find this article on creative mentoring platforms useful if you are struggling to gather feedback on your work.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
At this time, we're not open to working with a recruitment agency on this advert.