On The Edge is a London-based charity on a mission to emotionally reconnect people with nature through smart, entertaining, social-media-based storytelling. We are especially interested in reaching young people who do not engage with traditional nature content. By fostering a reconnection with the natural world, our stories aim to create advocates for its protection and restoration. On the Edge is also a science-based, grant-giving organization that funds conservation projects around the world and tracks their impact.
Are you naturally creative with a passion for digital storytelling? Do you have a knack for captivating audiences through innovative content creation? If so, we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Social Media producer will, first and foremost, be responsible for generating exciting and original ideas for content and to manage the production process from start-to-finish. The role requires the ability to work across different media - from short-form video to carousel-based photo montages - and to coordinate graphic design, copywriting and PR teams from outside of the organisation to work together to deliver a high-quality finished product.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with others in a small, fast-paced environment. They will be an exceptional communicator, resourceful, energetic, well-organised, pro-active and passionate about producing brilliant, entertaining work.
- Social Media Content Creation: Gather insights about the topic and prepare for and lead the ideation session with the digital team. You will then translate that information into briefs for the copywriter and design team.
- Project management: You will own the content calendar and posting schedule, ensuring the content is created to our editorial standard and managing dates for feedback and final delivery. Part of this role is to bring your social media savviness to the table; all social media content meets both platform and brand guidelines.
- Amplification and paid media: Working with the Head of social media to make sure the content follows best practices when it comes to paid media. Ideally have the skills to run paid social campaigns, building relevant audiences and finding unique ways to surface our content to non-nature fans.
- Content Creator Strategy and Research: Help identify and map the landscape of appropriate social media content creators and influencers (Instagram and TikTok).
- Trends and reactive content: you will identify trends, whip up an idea with the Digital Team and get a quick response out there! You will understand the limitations that a brand has, finding ways for us to get involved at pace.
- Community Management: You will have prepared some example replies with the copywriter, and you're ready to go. Responding to people across our channels in our TOV and usual style.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Your creativity will know no bounds. You will be able to generate multiple innovative, new, novel ideas to solve a problem
- Writes in a clear and structured format to convey information and ideas effectively to a target audience.
- Passion for social trends, music, entertainment and social media and ready to deliver ideas in written brief.
- Attention to detail: Accurately identifies and rectifies discrepancies or errors that exists in information and deliverables
- An ability to work well under pressure, delivering great work in an efficient, timely manner; enjoys multi-tasking and being busy!
- A team player who can build positive relationships with a range of different stakeholders, both internally and externally
● Experience with content creator partnerships and/or influencer marketing
● Knowledge of issues relating to the environment, biodiversity, and/or conservation
Our benefits package
● 28 days annual leave + Bank holidays
● Private health insurance
● Pension contributions at 15%
● Bicycle scheme