We're looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Manager to join the Mother family!
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess 1-2yrs experience working in a creative agency, in a client services role.
Being that we are called Mother, we refer to this role as a Nanny. But don't be alarmed, you won't have to look after any children, just an array of lovely, award winning clients.
About the role:
The Nanny is the bedrock on any account. They always know who’s doing what, where, why, when, and with whom. Responsible for the organisation, logistics, administration and smooth running of the team, they are the WD-40 that prevent our processes from faltering. They are a core part of the Mothering (client service) discipline, helping to scaffold the overall account whilst supporting with tasks and project responsibilities.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Make the best work you possibly can
• Organise the team and the project process with meticulous precision: managing team & client diaries, booking meetings, travel and logistics to ensure the smooth running of the account and therefore the conditions for great work to me made
• Take responsibility for meeting materials, presentations and decks alongside the Mother, ensuring the formatting and structure enables the work to be presented in the best possible way
• Attend creative reviews and production meetings and offer opinions, or perspectives that help the team understand and improve the work.
• Demonstrate razor sharp attention to detail. Be it agency written materials, edits, presentations, status reports, calendar invites - taking responsibility for, and pride in, the agency’s output
• Be the fountain of all knowledge on the account, with an awareness of past and present work, account history, and competitive advertising in the sector
• Have an awareness of legal, regulatory or Clearcast issues, and work with Production Affairs to gain clearance on scripts.
• Champion good process and be proactive in finding ways to make our ways of working smoother and more efficient – and share them with the Mother (account director) and Business Lead
• Build strong relationships and bonds with junior and mid-level clients – as well as partner agency contacts - to facilitate smooth logistics across the account.
• Build strong relationships internally, with all disciplines and departments, and colleagues of all levels
• Bring a flexible and open-minded attitude to work, and effortlessly adapt to changing requirements, demands and plans as they occur
• Prioritise time in order to best serve the account, the team and the client. Manage expectations and work with Mother and Business Lead to identify workload priorities.
• Organise internal and external status meetings, update status reports and attend the meeting alongside the Mother
• Work with the Mother to ensure actions are followed up, writing up minutes to meetings and circulating to team and client to confirm next steps
• Bring positive energy, and help to create a happy and healthy team environment.
Earn a living
• Demonstrate a solid understanding in how the agency finance process works and liaise with finance to handle day-to-day billing of expenses
• Manage an account or project PO tracker and chase POs from clients to ensure prompt payment
• Track studio, Mother Studios or Mother Shop hours and ensure no work commences with a client PO or agreement in place
• Open job numbers with finance and create estimates in Accountability as and when required.
Mother is one of the world’s most respected, independent creative companies. We started around one table with three people, all of whom shared the washing up. 25 years on, Mother has offices in London New York, Los Angeles and Shanghai. From fast moving retailers and brands with global scale, to local jewels with local needs; we create ideas that are embraced by popular culture and deliver more powerfully as a result. Our ambition is to be a destination for the most creative minds in the world.
We live by our trinity, which is to make the very best work we can, have fun doing it and earn a living.
About our dream hire:
• Tenacious and utterly dependable, instilling confidence in the team that they will get something done.
• Thorough and painstaking in their approach to organization, diary management, logistics and meeting preparation.
• Helpful and always looking for ways to support the Mother (account director) as well as the wider team.
• Energetic, tireless, keen to learn, and uses their initiative to seek out opportunities to expand their role and responsibilities
• Adaptable and flexible - flexing to the needs of the account, as and when they arise.
• Proactive in managing those above on next steps, without waiting to be managed or directed themselves
• A team player who supports other Nannies, sharing knowledge, resources and time when others are in need.
• Ambitious and strives to become an Account Director.